– Ravi Kapoor is a renowned photographer of Lucknow, having specialization in architecture, culture & heritage monuments.
– He has participated in various national and international exhibitions, some of the them are as follows : Lucknow Christian College, Lucknow 1982; World Heritage Day, Lucknow 2004; Taj Mahotsav, Agra 2005; Alkazi’s Lucknow Exhibition, Lucknow 2008; A contemporary rhyme of colour, Lucknow 2010; Asafi Andaaz ( On Asafi Imambara ), Lucknow 2012 by Ajaish Jaiswal & under guidance of Ravi Kapoor; Nazzara-e Lucknow, Lucknow 2012
– Mr Kapoor has credited many books with his marvelous photographs : Lucknow Then and Now (Marg Publications); Fire of Grace (Harper Collins); Raj Bhavan, Lucknow, (NCZCC); Architecture of Indian Sultanate (Marg Publications); Synthesis (Pictorial book on Lucknow by L.D.A.); Footsteps (Times Group Publication); Raza Library, Rampur (Raj Bhavan); Allahabad And Allahabad Museum (Raj Bhavan); Lucknow, Splendor and Decline, Alkazi foundation for the arts; Photograph from book Lucknow Then and Now, referred in The Encyclopedia of the Indian Diaspora, published by Editions Didier Millet in association with National University of Singapore.
– He is a regular contributor in various national dailies and periodicals like Jetwings, Namaskar, Times of India, Statesmen, etc with his lovely photographs
– He has a unique & rare collection of more than 350 cameras & its equipments, which are itself a rare aspect for the photography !
– Mr Kapoor is a Jury member of NIJWA Lucknow & 3rd Horizon International Circuit 2003. He regularly organizes workshops & delivers lecture on photography at Lucknow University, I.I.M. Lucknow, B.B.D. Lucknow, Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, etc
– He has been bestowed with Certificate of merit, The 24th International Salon of Photography,Taipei, organized by the Photographic Society of China, 1986. Second Prize, All India Salon of Photography LCC-2004. First Prize, INTACH All India Exhibition- 2004.
– To continue the spirit of the photography with the people, he organizes photography classes for the youths who have a zeal for the same.
Founder LUCKNOW Society has the privilege to meet him at his studio ‘Ravi Photographics’ & discuss his upcoming projects with him. LUCKNOW Society Salutes Mr Ravi Kapoor for promoting Lucknow not only within people of Lucknow but at National & Internation levels. His passion of photography has rightly placed Lucknow on the Global map ! We wish him all the success & looking forward to see Lucknow in many new frames!